Friday, May 28, 2010

Paddling Pool and Marcus




Tuesday was a very good day. Suddenly my paddling pool was back!


It was full of water.


This is me and Milo in it.


Then Zeus got in it. There was no room left for me.
But today I went in it again.

Love
from
Buster

Below is a picture of Marcus with exactly the same monkey as me!

photo courtesy of Justine van der Leun


A note from Buster's Mum:

 I loved Marcus of Umbria, Justine van der Leun's vivid memoir of a year spent in the Italian countryside. The star of the book is Marcus, an enchanting young pointer, whose early life was very different indeed from urban Mr.Buster's -- not that Buster wouldn't love to kill chickens and rabbits; he's not quite so sure about the tick business.....
Justine's spot-on meditation on travel, love and all things Italian(not to mention all things dog) brought back so many memories (both good and less good)of when we lived there years ago. 
Highly recommended.

12 comments:

  1. Dear Buster,

    I love your pool; it looks very clean and cool. My horses would like a bigger version of it.

    I was just in NYC in Times Square last weekend just for fun. I am sorry I did not see you.

    Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster, you didn't look to happy with your friends in the wading pool??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Buster, you are much braver than Edward. He hates to get his feet wet! He prefers air-conditioning on hot days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buster, Loved seeing you in your pool with your friends. Now that it is almost summer, you will probably have many more happy days to look forward to enjoying your pool with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pool Buster, our sister Blossom
    (coon hound/pointer) used to love the water, the rest of us don't, we miss her and we know she would have loved to swim with you in the pool. Thanks for showing us Marcus and having your mum tell us about the book, our mum will have to read it to us...Philo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pool, Buster! I can tell that you are like me and really enjoy a nice, cool swim once in a while!

    It took me a minute to figure out where Milo was in that picture - he is the same color as you!

    It doesn't look like Marcus is as into making his monkey into "art" as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Buster, I am so glad that your pool is back in order ... this is a holiday weekend, and you do need to get into the water.

    I saw your mom today (and missed seeing you.) I thought my computer was keeping me from sending you all messages. I read your message and just tried to send you a message. I think the message got lost.

    Let me try again. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water photos are fantastic...makes me want
    to swim. Zeus does take up the whole pool. I
    enjoy your blog and wish you a happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ozzy The Poodle in Penna.May 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM

    Buster, you have the coolest pool ever! Mine is only about half that size, and when my friends get in, there's no room for me either. I might need to get some smaller friends.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read that book, but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Buster, looks you have a nice day on pool with your friends. Did you know that Flora fears to enter in the pool? But she loves to go to the Dam. If you have the time, please, come to see Flora walking in the water
    Here

    Sounds great the adventures of Marcus of Umbria.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buster,I love your pool; it looks very clean and cool. Loved seeing you in your pool with your friends. Now that it is almost summer, you will probably have many more happy days to look forward to enjoying your pool with your friends.

    Padding Pools

    ReplyDelete